The last thing you want is a painful knee because it keeps you from doing many of the daily activities you love. Your knee plays a crucial role in your everyday activities, including walking, jumping, kneeling, hopping to supporting the weight of your body. The importance of your knee can’t be overemphasized. Unfortunately, while your knees are made of strong muscles and joints, they are vulnerable to injuries.
Chiropractic care can provide knee pain relief using natural remedies. Are you suffering from a nagging knee pain? Schedule an appointment with Baker Chiropractic, serving Morganton, Nebo, Hickory, Lenoir, Marion, Rutherfordton College, Valdese, and Casar.
Causes of Knee Pain
Are you having trouble with your knee when bending or jogging? At first, you might think that it’s the knee joint wearing down due to arthritis. However, the truth is that the causes of knee pain are many. It could be that arthritis you are suspecting, a torn tendon, or anything in between.
Here are a few common causes of knee pain:
- Acute injuries: You might develop sudden knee pain due to injuries from auto accidents, sports activities, work-related activities, falls, and slips. Common acute knee injuries include strains, sprains, and contusions.
- Chronic injuries: Some injuries and medical conditions may cause knee pain that worsens over time. This pain can last for weeks and even months. Common causes of chronic pain include arthritis and other degenerative disorders. Obesity, poor posture, and lifestyle can also lead to degradation of the knee pain joint over time.
When most people experience knee pain, they are quick to run to pain-relieving medications for relief. However, drugs only provide a temporary solution and don’t address the root cause of the pain. If you are experiencing knee pain, visit a chiropractor for long-lasting relief.
How Chiropractors Treat Knee Pain
If you are experiencing knee pain, chiropractic care uses natural remedies to manage your pain. Here are treatments that our chiropractor uses to treat knee pain:
- Chiropractic adjustments: If there are misalignments in the knee joint, our chiropractor aligns the joint to trigger natural healing.
- Therapeutic therapies: Massage and physical therapies reduce knee pain by relaxing tenses muscles. Massage also helps strengthen your knee muscles, reducing the chances of future injuries.
- Heat and cold therapy: Cold therapy reduces inflammation by reducing blood flow in the affected area. On the other hand, heat therapy promotes blood circulation, reducing pain and swelling. The smart application of both can quickly reduce your symptoms.
Would You Like to Say Goodbye to Your Nagging Knee Pain?
Is knee pain keeping you from enjoying the activities you love? It’s time to schedule an appointment with Baker Chiropractic, serving Morganton, Nebo, Hickory, Lenoir, Marion, Rutherfordton College, Valdese, and Casar.